There are only a few weeks until the first annual Connecticut Vegetarian and Healthy Living Festival – otherwise known as the CTVegFest. It is being held at the Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford on April 28-29, 2012.
There is something for everyone to enjoy at the CTVegFest including:
• Enter for free with the donation of a non-perishable vegan/vegetarian food item
• Enjoy free vegan food samples
• Sample free vegan personal care and beauty products
• Speak with natural medicine practitioners
• Take a class with Yoga, Reiki and Meditation instructors
• Learn from vegan chefs during cooking demonstrations
• Understand home improvements to save money, be eco-friendly and reduce your carbon footprint
• Attend a screening of VEGUCATED, the “journey of 3 meat- and potato-loving New Yorkers who take the vegan challenge for 6 weeks”
• Enter raffles and give-aways throughout the event
• Be entertained with performances by local musicians
• Listen to children’s book readings by the authors
For a detailed listing of the events, click here for the Festival’s schedule. You can learn even more by reading my January 28 blog post about the overall goal of the event.
In addition to attending, the CTVegFest coordinators are looking for volunteers. If you are able to volunteer any amount of your time, prior to or during the event, please click here for more information.
I am looking forward to attending and to speaking at the CTVegFest…more details about that will follow.
Enjoy your day!